Thursday, November 19, 2009

Shredded BBQ Chicken(Crock pot)

I have yet to find a good BBQ place in Houston. I have no idea why its hard for me, but I'm really picky when it comes to BBQ.
My favorite place is called C&J's BBQ in College Station. They have the best jalapeno cheese sausage ever! The blackberry cobbler is awesome..and the place just screams BBQ!

Since I have not been able to find a place even close, I tend to make my own. This recipe is my absolute favorite for shredded BBQ sandwiches! Its so easy to throw together. I have even put the chicken in the crock pot straight from the freezer! No defrosting required!

Slow-Cooker BBQ Chicken
Jackie (Theboysandagirl)

3-4 chicken breasts (can be frozen)
2 C ketchup
4 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients (except chicken) in crock-pot. Add the chicken, coating each piece in sauce. Cook on high 4 hours. Remove chicken and
shred/pull with forks. Return to pot and stir in sauce to coat. Serve on buns.

Cindy's notes: I add 1/2C of our favorite BBQ sauce to the slow cooker aswell

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs