Sunday, October 19, 2008

Teriyaki Veggie Wraps

So, our first meal with no meat was a hit! Well, for DH and I. Kids wouldnt touch it, not that I expected them too. They had mac and cheese and green beans so still pretty meat free.



I will post the full recipe for the wraps but let me tell you what I did differently. To give DH "more" for his meal, I used a "fake" meat product, Chicken tenders in the mixture of veggies. And instead of using teriyaki sauce I used a combo of soy sauce and hosain sauce. And I didnt put the cheese on mine, but DH did.


We really liked this! I totally recommend it!


Teriyaki Veggie Wraps

from:Cyndy (MyPB&Jelly)



1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced

1 small onion, thinly sliced

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 teaspoon olive oil

1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms

3 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce

2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed

1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend



In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in teriyaki sauce; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.



Spoon vegetable mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; roll up tightly.

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs