Monday, November 23, 2009

Strawberry Bread

I had a quart size bag of already sliced fresh strawberries that I needed to use up. I went on the hunt for a strawberry bread recipe and found this one on Cooks.com


Jake is loving on a slice of this bread right now as we speak.

My only complaint is that the nutmeg is too overpowering. I can't taste the cinnamon and the strawberries are faint. The next time I make it I will use less nutmeg and more cinnamon or keep the nutmeg out all together.

It was easy to throw together! I just wish it used more of my strawberries. I still have half of the quart size bag left!

Strawberry Bread

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1tsp. cinnamon
1tsp. nutmeg
1tsp. baking soda
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup oil (I used applesauce instead)
1 cup nuts, chopped(I omitted)
1tsp. vanilla
1(10ounce) box frozen strawberries, thawed to room temp (I used fresh)

Mix dry ingredients together. Make a well in the center and add the liquid ingredients. Mix by hand until moistened. Pour into bread pans that have been buttered and sugared. Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour and 15 mins. Cool on rack. Freezes Well.

*Mine only took a hour and 5 mins to cook, so check on it around a hour.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Ooh Lori - thanks for this - it sounds and looks yummy! Can't wait to try it out!

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs