Saturday, September 6, 2008

Menu Planning

So, we menu plan...kinda always have. But now Im working on planning for 2 weeks at a time. It makes things seem less crazy in our house when at least one thing is set and we can always count on...a great dinner plan. Plus it helps with the grocery shopping, less trips to the store. Don't get me wrong. I still go once a week, but that once a week trip is just for milk, bread, fruits and veggies. I usually go 1-2 times a month for my big non perishable, stock my pantry grocery trip.



Im hoping to come and post my 2 week menu plan for everyone. Hoping to give others inspiration and maybe even some helpful tips! ;)



9/7- Beef tacos with all the trimmings and yellow rice



9/8- No Meat Spaghetti, Spinach Salad, and bread



9/9- Pork chops in cream of mushroom sauce, Crashed Hot Potatoes and Roasted Veggies.



9/10- Fish Tacos with all the trimmings



9/11- Eggplant Parm, salad, and bread



9/12- Homemade French Bread Pizzas



9/13- DH's birthday! His request: Roast, Rice, Corn on the Cob, and cake balls!



9/14- Stuffed Manicotti, veggie



9/15- King Ranch Chicken and roasted veggies



9/16- Fundraising Night for Madison's school at Texas Roadhouse



9/17-Crossiant Paninni(Madison calls these Moon Sandwiches) and soup. (Pasta e Fagoli or Potato Soup)



9/18- Any leftovers in the fridge



9/19- Tacos for a Bunko Party



9/20- DH will be in College Station cheering on the Aggies, so its just the kids and myself. Not sure what we will do yet! ;)

1 comment:

Suellen said...

Lori ~ I always used to do a 5 week rotating meal plan with a detailed shopping list for each week. Then I would take the list and check off the things I already had. I would also post it on the inside of my pantry door so DH would know where to look to see what was for dinner. I loved it and plan to get back to it!

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs