Monday, November 9, 2009

Blueberry Coffeecake

I am one of those "Can't wait to try it people". I cant wait to try new recipes and I surely cant wait for things to cool off before trying them. Which usually results in a scorched tongue! Usually, the numbing, burning pain is so worth it!

And this my friends, was so totally worth it! It will be awesome tomorrow morning for breakfast but I loved it today for my dessert after lunch! It took zero time to throw together, not very many ingredients and always things I have on hand!

You must give this a try!

Blueberry Coffeecake
from Lin at That Lin Chick

Cake
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sifted flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
2 cups blueberries(fresh or frozen)

Crumb topping
1/2cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

Directions
Mix sugar, shortening, and egg together until well blended. Stir in milk. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, add in blueberries last, folding gently.
Pout into a greased 8 inch round pan. Mix the crumb mixture together and sprinkle on top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 mins.

**My notes- I used frozen blueberries and I used a spring foam pan to bake it in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks soooo good, Lori! I have to try this!! Please post it to M&F! ;)

Cindy said...

Yum-o. I may steal this one!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Lori,

Mine is too thick to "pour" into the pan; it is more like cookie dough. It came out fine but I'm wondering if I did something wrong. I'm making it for the second time today and it came out even thicker when I mixed it this time. It's in the oven now so I'm not sure of the final outcome.

Jodi

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs