Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

So, my husband is allergic to shellfish. SIGH...sad I know. I love shellfish!

Anyways, so I still try to get him to eat some kind of fish since its better for you. Luckily, tilapia is a fish that he has learned to love! Especially when I make it this way! Even my daughter loves it! She eats a whole fillet by herself! I wish I could say the same for my oldest son, but again, self made vegetarian. I usually serve this with couscous because that is the one thing that my picky son will eat, and broccoli.

Tilapia is a great mild, buttery fish. If you have not tried it before, this should be your first recipe to try out!


Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

2 pounds tilapia filets
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt

Preheat your oven's broiler, and grease a broiling pan, or line with aluminum foil.

In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, and lemon juice and season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder, and celery salt, mix well and set aside.

Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over, and broil for a couple more minutes.

Remove the fillets from the oven, and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side and broil for 2 more minutes, or until the topping is browned, and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs