Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Honey Garlic Chicken

I tried out another new recipe tonight that I got off Babycenter Cooking for your Family. Its a winner at our house!

My daughter said this was too sweet, so next time I will use less brown sugar and more soy sauce. I also used chicken tenders since thats what I had on hand.
But over all, its a fantastic quick dish!



Honey Garlic Chicken
Niki5959

INGREDIENTS
1 onion, sliced
1 large package of cut up chicken pieces
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda



DIRECTIONS

Place onion on bottom of crock pot. Place chicken on top of onion. In a large bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and brown sugar. Stir until honey and sugar are completely dissolved, then stir in the baking soda. The mixture will begin to foam. Pour over chicken and cook on low until done


NOTE: I turned the chicken about halfway through to make sure both sides were covered with the sauce.

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs