Monday, August 24, 2009

Menu Plan Monday~ August 24th


I am super late posting my menu plan for today, but I had lots of good reasons.

First reason, today was my daughters first day of first grade. So I had to make sure everything was perfect for her before walking her to school. Second, I had to run a errand after getting her to school. Third, I began a Biggest Loser Contest with some online friends and so I had to try to plan somewhat healthy dinner menu options. Plus I just finished my first workout. I bought a 8lb med ball this weekend and plan to do the Med Ball 200 workout. I thought 8lbs would be easy since my baby is 17lbs and I pick him up all the time. Well, lets just say I am sore already. Who knew 8lbs would feel heavier than a 17lb baby trying to jump out of your arms because he wants to chase his big brother?!

So, this menu plan is somewhat healthy. If you think something doesn't look healthy, no worries, I plan to eat a big salad before I even fix my first plate of whatever I am serving and I plan on serving actual true portion sizes...bringing out the measuring cups and everything!

Monday- Marinated flank steak, brown rice, and steamed broccoli

Tuesday- Tequila Lime grilled Chicken, rice, and sauteed spinach.

Wednesday-(We have Cheer practice this night) Chicken and Veggie Quesadillas.

Thursday- Whole Wheat Spaghetti(just sauce- no meat) and salad

Friday- Bean and Cheese tacos(on corn tortillas) and yellow rice.

Saturday- We have cheer practice in the AM and then we are headed to East Texas to visit my parents. I am pretty sure we will eat pizza at my favorite place back home!

Sunday- Croissant Paninni's once we get back into town.



As always, head over to the Organizing Junkie to check out other great menu plans this week!

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs