Sunday, July 26, 2009

Asian Chicken Skewers


We tried out a new recipe this weekend. I got it from the trusted Babycenter Cooking for your Family Board. I am very rarely disappointed when I head to this board in search of a new recipe!

Everyone at my house loved this! OK, my self made vegetarian son did not, but I never count his vote when there is meat involved. He just wont even touch it.

As you can tell from my picture, I left them as whole breasts. I did not have skewers and I was not going back to the store for some! I let them marinade for over a hour and then grilled them. I did not use the cilantro leaves because I was out and again...I was NOT going back to the store today!



Asian Chicken Skewers
Amy-amlyz
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon Cilantro leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground Ginger
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts halves, cut into 3/4 in strips

Directions
1. Mix soy sauce, orange juice, honey, vegetable oil, sesame oil, cilantro, garlic and ginger in a medium bowl. Place chicken strips in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade and toss to coat well.
2. Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread chicken strips onto metal skewers .
3. Broil on high or grill over medium high heat 4 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs