Monday, June 29, 2009

Eggplant Parmesan

So my garden has been go to me. OK, part of it has been good to me. And one of the good things is the eggplant is producing. I love eggplant!
So tonight I decided it was time to slice into these bad boys!

Here is my no fail recipe for Eggplant Parmesan!

Eggplant Parmesan

1 medium eggplant,sliced


1 egg, beaten with 2 tbsp. milk


Italian bread crumbs


Olive oil


Spaghetti sauce


1/2 lb. mozzarella, sliced


1 c. Parmesan


  1. Preheat oven to 400° and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
  2. Wash and slice eggplant into 1/2" slices.
  3. Dip into egg mixture and coat well with bread crumbs.
  4. Arrange eggplant on baking sheet in one layer; drizzle with olive oil.
  5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown; turn and bake 15 more minutes.
  6. Arrange eggplant in a baking dish in 1 layer.
  7. Spread about 2 tbsp. spaghetti sauce on each slice and cover with cheese; repeat layers of sauce and cheese until gone.Top with Parmesan and bake 20 minutes.


I serve this with a big salad, noodles and the remaining marinara sauce!
Align Center

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs