So tonight I decided it was time to slice into these bad boys!
Here is my no fail recipe for Eggplant Parmesan!
1 medium eggplant,sliced
1 egg, beaten with 2 tbsp. milk
Italian bread crumbs
1/2 lb. mozzarella, sliced
1 c. Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Wash and slice eggplant into 1/2" slices.
- Dip into egg mixture and coat well with bread crumbs.
- Arrange eggplant on baking sheet in one layer; drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown; turn and bake 15 more minutes.
- Arrange eggplant in a baking dish in 1 layer.
- Spread about 2 tbsp. spaghetti sauce on each slice and cover with cheese; repeat layers of sauce and cheese until gone.Top with Parmesan and bake 20 minutes.
I serve this with a big salad, noodles and the remaining marinara sauce!