Friday, March 20, 2009

Crispy Parmesan-Ranch Chicken Breasts

Wednesday nights dinner was delicious! Well, I thought so at least. Madison ate the chicken, Christopher did not touch it. Big suprise. He ended up eating 3 cans of Cars Soup! Poor guy is sick with a sinus infection though so I wanted to give him what he wanted for dinner...who knew it would be 3 cans of soup!



So I did a search through my recipe and I found this recipe that I had gotten off the trusty cooking board on Babycenter.com


It was really good. I used breadcrumbs instead of corn flakes because I didnt have corn flakes and I used egg and milk instead of melted butter to try and make it a little healthier. I also used Chicken tenders instead of Chicken Breasts.



I give this recipe 2 thumbs up. It was easy and yummy! I served it with rice with green peas mixed in, garlic parmesan asparagus, and cresent rolls.




Crispy Parmesan-Ranch Chicken Breasts (Strips or Tenders)


Katie (Katiedid) from Recipezaar




1 cup crushed corn flakes


3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese


1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


1/2 teaspoon black pepper


1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dry ranch dressing mix


8 boneless skinless chicken breasts


1/2 cup melted butter




Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Set oven to 350 degrees F. In a shallow dish mix together the cornflake crumbs with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder (if using) black pepper and dry ranch dressing mix. Place the melted butter in a shallow dish. Coat the chicken breast or strips into the melted butter, then roll into the cornflake mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (strips or tenders or chicken strips might take less time).



Katie's Notes: I used plain bread crumbs instead of corn flakes and egg substitute instead of the melted butter. I cut my chicken into large nugget size pieces. I baked them for about 20 minutes, turned them over and then turned up the heat to 400 for about 5 minutes and finally broiled them for a few minutes to get them a little crispier.




No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Personalized by Stitchblade Designs